- A DPR volunteer will review your application and may call references (typically within 1 week).
- To expedite this process, you may want to give your vet a call and give them permission to speak to us.
- If several applications are submitted for the same animal, the best match is selected. If there is more than one good match for any one pet, we select by who applied first.
- Please remember we are all volunteers with full time jobs, families and many pets in our care. We do our very best to process applications in a timely manner. We appreciate your patience!
- We will email you! You can request to virutally meet the animal through Facetime or Zoom if you'd like. Or we can send you videos of the animal so you can get an idea of their personality. (We email all applicants once the pet has been adopted to let everyone know, so you will hear from us either way. If the pet you applied for was adopted, we may be able to match you up with another available pet or help you find one at www.petfinder.com )
- You can pick up your new pet curb-side from their foster home! Most of our foster homes are located in West Grove, PA, West Chester PA and Newark DE.
- For pickup, you'll need:
- The adoption fee (cash, check or Paypal)
- A crate if you are adopting a cat, rabbit or guinea pig
- A collar/leash or a crate if you are adopting a dog
- You can sign the adoption contract prior to pickup, or during pickup. You will receive all medical records for the animal and some of the current food they are eating.
- If you have any questions or concerns after adoption, please do not hesitate to contact us. We also enjoy receiving updates and pictures of the animals in their new homes! Thank you for adopting!